Sunday 1 February 2015

Natural Disaster.

As you can probably tell from the title of this post, this week has not gone to plan in the slightest. However, as it turned out, the weather is not to blame as although it has been on the chilly side, we have remained snow and ice free so far. The problem this week has been my health or should I say lack of it. 
In my post at the beginning of the week I had a touch of the sniffles and shakes but was hoping to get going the next evening.  Unfortunately, that did not happen as the aches kept on coming, the snot kept flowing, and the cough started hacking so I took the decision to wait until I feel better before I hit the roads again. Thinking it would all be cleared up in a couple of days but oh no, this one was here to stay.  I have barely had a full nights sleep all week thanks to the non stop mucus factory that my lungs have become so have even missed today's long run which has been extremely frustrating. 

Missing a week of training is not what I want at this stage (or any stage) but its either rest up or get worse so I've just got to suck it up and hope I can get back into training soon.  Not wishing to whinge too much, but even a trip to Sainsbury's this morning to do the weekly food shop left me drained - so the 10 miler I have planned for next Sunday isn't looking too appealing at the moment.  

I guess the best thing to do is just to carry on going the distance and forgetting even more about speed and just get it done.....definitely going to need some more motivation to get through that.....

No comments:

Post a Comment