Tuesday 29 October 2013

Getting back to it, again!

Ok, so the last few weeks haven't exactly gone to plan. It's been difficult getting back into running again what with wisdom tooth extraction, late nights, nasty weather, and bad sleep (I could go on with the excuses for ever) but am glad to say i'm finally getting back into it.

Had my first spin class for 6 weeks last week and I survived that so have been out for a couple of runs,  slowly trying to build up the distance again - it's not easy.  Even though i've maintained a decent base fitness, it's amazing how just the thought of long distances has become incredibly hard.  This morning was extremely chilly compared to recent weeks with a bitter wind, but it surprised me how quickly I warmed up and totally forgot about the fact that my ears felt like they were about to fall off due to frost bite!  

It's only a few weeks now until the big marathon training is due to start so have to just bite the bullet and get back out there no matter how cold/windy/rainy/snowy etc. it is! 

This is going to have to be my mantra for the coming months....

No comments:

Post a Comment