Sunday 12 May 2013

My First 5k!

Today mother nature was kind and provided another gorgeous sunny but breezy morning.  This was a good thing, as I decided yesterday that today I would attempt a 5k.  I Planned the route using the Garmin website so I knew exactly where I was going for a change as I headed out the door.

I have attempted a similar route before when I was 'training' (I use the word training in the loosest possible sense!) for the race for life last year. I seem to remember it taking me just over 45 minutes then so to complete it today in  just over 37 minutes is quite an achievement.  The route is quite hilly though so that makes my time even more impressive for a tubby bird like me :)

        Watch out! There are snails about!

Another good thing about this morning's run was the lack of dog excrement and regurgitated kebab meat but as it was very wet last night I had the challenge of snail dodging.  Those little slimy interceptors were waiting around every corner but I refused to let them foil my run!


No comments:

Post a Comment